I love to visit museums and feel lucky to be in the Bay Area with some great museums close by. Here are some of my favorite museums and favorite exhibitions:
- SFMOMA The Steins Collect: Amazing body of work and so glad they could bring all those pieces together again. And don't miss the rooftop coffee bar and garden. Sit down with a cup of Blue Bottle and enjoy!.
- Tate Modern The Carsten Holler slides: I went a few times before I braved the lines of kids waiting to slide down, but I'm so glad I got to take a ride on this fun exhibit.
- de Young the King Tut Returns: It was amazing to see the ancient craftsmanship put into the treasures of King Tut's tomb. Don't forget to checkout the observation tower! It's always free to take a ride up and is the best view of San Francisco!
- Victoria & Albert Museum the Surrealist Ball: So fun to see all of London turn out and dressed up to celebrate Surrealism! Loved seeing a walking and talking version of Magritte's The Son of Man!
- California Acedemy of Sciences NightLife: By far the best way to explore the Cal Academy of Sciences is the extraordinarily fun NightLife. Mingle amongst the natural history pieces, catch a butterfly in the rainforest, or see the city lights from the living roof!
de Young Museum Observation Deck